Mercyhealth has implemented new visitor restrictions for the safety of our patients and staff. It is every resident’s responsibility to follow the rules and recommendations set forth by the CDC, local health departments and Mercyhealth. It will take everyone doing their part to protect our community.
Visitors are not allowed at this time. Exceptions upon approval may include:
- Pediatric patients—two visitors at a time upon approval*
- Women in labor—one visitor at a time upon approval*
- Adult patients undergoing surgery/procedure—one visitor at a time upon approval*
- Patients who require assistance with medical decision making*
- End-of-life situations*
- No visitors under age 18.
To ensure compliance with this new visitor policy, only main entrances will be accessible to patients and approved visitors. Entrances are staffed and monitored by Visitor Representatives to ensure compliance. Individuals who meet the entrance criteria will be provided a badge and instructions.
We understand that communicating with loved ones is an important part of healing so we are encouraging and helping patients communicate electronically or by phone with loved ones and friends. Video chat, voice and texting options are great alternatives and help patients and loved ones feel connected.
*The health care team will decide whether the exceptions apply.