Delivering more services and better care to all of Rockford.
With nearly $1 billion in investment in the Rockford area, it can be hard to keep up on Mercyhealth’s many service offerings. Here you can see what hospital and clinic services will be offered on our two campuses. From the Rockton Avenue campus neighborhood to Riverside Boulevard, we’ve got Rockford covered.
Rockton Avenue Campus
The Mercyhealth Rockton Campus has grown by leaps and bounds over the past two years. Last year alone, we invested more than $10 million in the campus. Here are just a few highlights of the services that have been enhanced and added to the campus.
Orthopedic Center of Excellence: Our $5 million investment in a new 22-room facility included new x-ray technology, two cast rooms, and a new waiting area and furnishings. With this new investment, Mercyhealth welcomed several new adult orthopedic surgeons and one pediatric surgeon to provide orthopedic care for all ages. The orthopedic physicians each specialize in a variety of treatments and surgeries, including sports medicine, joint replacement, hand surgery and trauma surgery.
Chemotherapy Infusion Center: A $1 million expansion to Mercyhealth Cancer Center-Rockford added 10 rooms and additional space for family members, created a more patient-friendly and convenient entrance, and decreased wait times.
Diagnostic Robotic Laboratory: Our $1 million investment in state-of-the-art robotic laboratory equipment eases the burden on patients and produces faster results. Mercyhealth is the first Rockford hospital to use this type of equipment.
State-of-the-Art Helipad: A new $660,000 helipad allows for faster, safer patient transportation in the most delicate of emergency situations.
Prehospital and Emergency Services Center: Our 16,500-square-foot training facility offers paramedic and emergency medical technician (EMT) certification and ongoing training, as well as American Heart Association-approved CPR classes, first aid classes, casualty care training, and other training for health care professionals. It is also the home base for the MD-1 Emergency Response Program and Mercyhealth REACT.
Mercyhealth Riverside Campus
Opening in January 2019
In January 2019, Mercyhealth will open the region’s only women’s and children’s hospital, adult hospital, and medical center — a facility that will provide top-level services for babies, children and adults. Follow our construction updates.
The new campus will have 194 private inpatient rooms and extensive specialty services, including:
- High-risk, state-designated Regional Perinatal Center for an 11-county region
- Level III (highest level) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) – 52 beds
- Small Baby Unit
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- Neonatal and maternal transport teams
- Medical Genetics
- NICU Follow-Up Clinic
- 24/7 coverage in obstetrics, neonatology, anesthesia, laboratory, radiology
- Pediatric inpatient – 12 beds
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) – 8 pediatric intensive care beds
- Labor/delivery unit – 32 beds
- Adult inpatient unit – 72 beds
- Adult Intensive Care Unit (ICU) – 18 beds
- Level I (highest level) emergency/trauma center
- Level II Pediatric Trauma Center
- Pediatric physical and occupational therapy
- Outpatient pediatric infusion
- State-of-the-art operating suites and surgical services to support a full range of inpatient and outpatient surgery, including minimally invasive surgery and image-guided surgery
- Comprehensive diagnostic center, with lab and imaging as well as pharmacy services
- Inpatient dialysis
- Comprehensive cardiac, vascular, peripheral, and neurovascular interventional laboratory
- Outpatient primary and specialty physician care clinics, serving all ages
Learn more about our commitment: