Mercyhealth is committed to providing exceptional hospital care no matter where you live throughout southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. The unparalleled skills of our multi-disciplinary specialists, highly trained nurses and other providers ensure you receive high-quality, compassionate care.
We offer over 125 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more. When time is of the essence, our trauma centers are equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff to provide immediate, life-saving care.
January 5, 2019 marked the opening of our newest hospital—the Javon Bea Hospital–Riverside. Conveniently located off of I-90 at Riverside Boulevard in Rockford, Illinois, this state-of-the-art facility is a place of peace and healing.
The 563,000-square-foot hospital and clinic serves as the regional hub for highly specialized care for children and adults. Designed with abundant light, inviting surroundings, and the most advanced technology available today, this 194-bed facility features:
- Highest level emergency/trauma services, including 24/7 adult and pediatric trauma surgeons
- Adult subspecialty inpatient and outpatient services, including an adult critical care center
- The highest level of neonatal and pediatric services
- Over 55 pediatric and neonatal doctors in 29 pediatric specialties
- State of Illinois-designated Regional Perinatal Center serving 11 counties in Illinois and 4 counties in Wisconsin
- 52-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- A Small Baby Unit to care for infants less than 27 weeks’ gestation (one of two in Illinois)
- Level II Pediatric Trauma Center (1 of 6 in Illinois)
- State of Illinois-designated Children’s Hospital (only one in northern Illinois)
- Pediatric Critical Care Center (1 of 10 in Illinois), including a pediatric intensive care unit
- Advanced operating and surgery suites, including hybrid operating suites that provides physicians with real-time radiographic capabilities while performing surgery all in one surgical suite
- Comprehensive cardiac, vascular, peripheral and neurovascular interventional laboratory
- A rooftop healing garden and interactive play areas
- And much more
Javon Bea Hospital–Rockton, formerly Rockford Memorial Hospital, is committed to serving the health care needs of the Rockford community. Since 2015, Mercyhealth has invested $70 million to renovate and modernize the campus in the future of the Mercyhealth Rockton Campus and the residents of the west side of Rockford. Investments and improvements include:
- New Orthopedic Institute
- New Cancer Center upgrade
- New ground-level renovations
- New diagnostic robotic laboratory
- ICU and Medical/Surgical unit enhancements
- And much more
Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center–Janesville was designed with you and your family in mind. From the warm, welcoming lobby to the private patient rooms, combined with state-of-the art technology and compassionate care from our expert medial staff, every detail has been designed to promote your healing and well-being.
Advanced surgical suites include technology that means less invasive procedures and quicker recovery time. Medical, surgical, special care and intensive care units feature state-of-the-art surroundings and amenities to provide the best medical care possible. Our birthing center is the place where tiny miracles are born every day. And, when you need us most, our emergency trauma center is staffed by specialists 24 hours a day, ready to provide lifesaving care.
Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center recently underwent a $15 million renovation and expansion project that included:
- New hybrid operating suite
- New Plastic Surgery, Skin and Laser Center
- Additional procedure rooms
- Radiology enhancements
Over the years, we have grown from a small community hospital to a dynamic and comprehensive health care campus serving the region. Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center–Harvard is Illinois’ first and only critical access hospital to be certified as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by The Joint Commission. Our stroke specialists are here 24/7 to rapidly diagnose and treat stroke patients who are brought to our emergency department.
The first freestanding ER in Wisconsin, today Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center–Walworth is known for its outstanding orthopedics programs and a state-designated Level III Trauma Center.
Walworth received full chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval Certification for Total Hip and Knee Replacement, and is accredited by The Joint Commission and a Joint Commission Acute Stroke Ready Hospital—the first certified in Wisconsin. A new Telemedicine Stroke program provides real-time consultation and assessment by a neurologist and/or neurosurgeon.
Mercyhealth will begin construction of a 13-bed hospital and medical center at the intersection of Route 31 and Three Oaks Road in Crystal Lake in spring of 2020, and expect to complete the project in 2021. The nearly $100 million plan includes:
24/7 emergency services: Because Crystal Lake does not have an emergency department, the new hospital will include a 24/7 emergency room, offering access for immediate emergency care to those who have limited access to transportation, especially the Medicaid, charity care and elderly patients.
Hospital services: A 13-bed hospital will offer private inpatient and intensive care beds, operating rooms and ancillary services.
An integrated multi-specialty clinic: Our existing Mercyhealth Crystal Lake-area primary and specialty care physician practices (Crystal Lake South, East, OB/GYN, Chiropractic/Rehabilitation and Northwest Women’s Group) will be consolidated into one building. This will provide patients with enhanced care coordination and easy access to our physicians, lab, radiology and pharmacy services in one convenient location.