Our full hospital trauma team
Mercyhealth’s entire multi-disciplinary trauma and critical care team is ready at a moment’s notice to care for the most severely injured or critically ill patients. Everything is in place upon the patient’s arrival.
There is a Level 1 trauma center at Javon Bea Hospital–Riverside and a Level 2 trauma center at Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center–Janesville. Both locations offer state-of-the-art services and a team of physicians, surgeons, nurses, hospitalists and support staff who will care for every aspect of your or your loved one’s health, safely, and comfort.
- Emergency doctors and nurses
- Trauma surgeons and nurses
- Specialty surgeons (neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, ear/nose/throat surgeons, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, etc.)
- Radiologists and interventional radiologists
- Hospitalists, who are available for evaluations, treatments and consultations, and communicates with your primary doctor.
- The latest laboratory and radiology technologies, including our connection to the renowned Mayo Clinic laboratories
- Respiratory therapy
- Operating rooms with trauma-trained staff
- Intensive and critical care unit
- Social services
- Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, etc.)
- Home health care
- Trauma follow-up clinic
To give our trauma patients the best and fastest care possible, we work closely with local emergency responders and surrounding hospitals and trauma centers.