For shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle and heel pain
Our safe, minimally invasive Tenex Health TX™ procedure is effective at treating pain caused by tendon damage:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Jumper’s/runner’s knee
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow (Dr. Rutherford discusses treating tennis elbow with TENEX)
- Swimmer’s shoulder
- Shoulder pain
- Rotator cuff injury
Consider Tenex Health TX if:
- Your pain is interfering with your work, play or everyday life
- You silently suffer because you have been told there is no other option but a major or invasive surgery with a long recovery
- You know that all the ice, rest and stretching is not going to make your pain disappear.
- You have tried physical therapy, cortisone injections and medication without seeing improvement.
How Tenex Health TX works
Our Tenex Health TX System combines ultrasound imaging to identify damaged tissue with the advanced TX MicroTip™ that precisely breaks down and removes only the damaged tissue that causes pain. Removing the damaged tissue allows the tendon to heal and provides pain relief.
The Tenex Health TX procedure is not open surgery and can be performed in an office or procedure room in an outpatient surgery center.
Tenex Health TX benefits
Tenex may give you quick pain reduction and should have you back to enjoying the things you love in a few weeks to a few months.
- Safe and quick pain relief
- Rapid return to normal activities
- Local anesthetic used instead of general anesthesia
- No sutures, no stitches (requires only a small adhesive bandage)
- Minimally invasive, not open surgery
- Covered by most insurances
To find a Tenex Health TX provider, browse the Related Physicians and Related Locations menus.