Mercyhealth Hospital School of Radiography provides education in the imaging sciences to students and communities of interest. We offer required didactic and clinical experiences that only a Level I Trauma Center can provide, and are dedicated to graduating radiographers who have the knowledge and clinical experiences needed to successfully complete the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists exam and secure employment.
Mercyhealth Hospital School of Radiography is dedicated to supplying our students and the communities of interest, with a radiography program designed to provide education in the imaging sciences. This will be accomplished through required didactic and clinical experiences that a Level I Trauma Center can provide. We are further dedicated to graduating radiographers with the knowledge and clinical experiences to succeed in their endeavors to successfully complete the ARRT exam and secure employment.
1. The students will be clinically competent.
• Students will demonstrate appropriate positioning skills.
• Students will choose appropriate technical factors.
• Students will employ radiation protection for the patient, themselves and others.
2. The students will communicate effectively with the patients and healthcare workers.
• Students will instruct patient correctly/utilizing oral communication.
• Students will interpret and relay requisition information in PACS/utilizing written communication.
3. The students will display professional judgment and values.
• Students will insure patient privacy and modesty.
• Students will participate in the community.
• Students will be aware of the value of life-long learning.
4. The students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Students will modify routine procedures for non-routine patients.
• Students will critique images to determine if corrective action is required.
• Under direct supervision the student will apply corrective action(s) to those images necessary.
Program Completion Rate in 2017 – 100%
8 students began the program / 8 students completed the program
Program Completion Rate 5 yr 2013 – 2017 – 95%
38 students began the program / 2 students withdrew from the program / 38 completed the program
Registry Exam Pass Rate in 2017- 100%
8 students took the exam / 8 students passed the exam on their first attempt
Registry Exam 5 yr Pass Rate 2013 – 2017 – 100%
Job Placement in 2016 – 100%
8 students were actively seeking employment / 8 students were employed in the radiologic sciences
Job Placement 5 yr 2013- 2017– 100%
37 students were actively seeking employment / 37 students were employed in the radiologic sciences
Program Effectiveness Data also available at the website of our accrediting body The JRCERT at jrcert.org
For a complete brochure on the School of Radiography.
An application for admission to the School of Radiography may be downloaded or you may also obtain an application by calling (815) 971-5480 or sending a letter to:
Mercyhealth Hospital School of Radiography
2400 N. Rockton Avenue
Rockford, Illinois 61103
Applications are accepted year round.
Admission to the School of Radiography is conditional upon submitting to and satisfactorily passing a criminal background check, a pre-admission physical examination and screening tests.
Mercyhealth Hospital-Rockton Avenue
School of Radiography
2400 N. Rockton Avenue
Rockford, IL 61103
TerriAnn Ryan, M.Ed., RT (R, M) CRT (R, F, M)
Phone: (815) 971-5480