Pediatric physical therapy helps children develop the skills that help them function safely and independently in their day-to-day activities. This means focusing on improving their movement, endurance, core strength, gait, balance and range of motion.
After a thorough assessment of your child, the physical therapist develops a treatment plan that includes the parent/caregiver, plus consultations with the child’s doctors and other health care providers. Our pediatric physical therapists work closely with your child to help them safely and gradually gain, regain or continue their independence in the activities they enjoy.
Individual physical therapy sessions, based on the child’s needs, are available at Javon Bea Hospital–Riverside in Rockford, IL.
Physical therapy helps with:
- Hip and knee disorders
- Developmental delays and disabilities
- Sports injuries
- Balance and coordination problems
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Genetic and neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and spina bifida
- Recovering from surgery and injuries
- Many other conditions that require a focus on core stability, lower extremity function and motor function
Pediatric physical therapy is provided by physician referral only.