Your eyes are amazing, and they deserve the best care from caring and innovative ophthalmologists to protect your sight. Eyes are complicated structures, sensitive to the slightest change, vulnerable to health problems that begin even elsewhere in the body, and so very important to your day-to-day living.
Mercyhealth’s ophthalmology team provides a wide range of treatments and procedures – both surgical and non-surgical – with state-of-the-art technology to maintain your visual acuity. We treat disease or damage to your eyes’ intricate structures with safe and highly advanced medicine.
Patients come to us for many reasons:
- Vision loss that requires correction with glasses, contact lenses, or surgery like LASIK
- Structural changes that interfere with vision, such as cataracts, floaters and flashers
- Eye disease management, for conditions such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, or eye infections
- Problems that are symptomatic of disease elsewhere in the body, such as diabetic retinopathy
- Reconstruction from traumatic injuries that affect the cornea, retina, eyelids, and other eye structures
- Cornea transplants
- Eye problems specific to children
Whatever your eyes need to keep looking forward, Mercyhealth ophthalmologists can provide. We practice in many different locations throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin, so a Mercyhealth provider is nearby.