Mercyhealth offers rehabilitation programs also known as sub-acute care. This phase of care follows hospitalization due to a debilitating illness, major surgery or traumatic injury.
Health problems such as stroke, congestive heart failure, lung disease, joint replacements, hip fractures can affect the entire body. These health problems can change the way a patient communicates, walks and regains their independence.
Recovering from these problems requires a whole-person approach from Mercyhealth’s qualified rehabilitation experts specializing in pain management, wound care, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
Our compassionate staff focuses on easing our patients’ transition from the hospital to the comfort of their home or other living arrangements. We do that through our effective short- and long-term programs.
Our programs are completely centered on you and helping you overcome your challenges. Our staff uses state-of-the-art therapies to help you:
- Increase your strength, flexibility and range of motion
- Climb stairs, walk, sit and get in and out of bed
- Improve communication skills
- Maximize your stamina and endurance
- Improve swallowing and eating skills
- Restore or improve other functions as needed