Emergency departments are open 24/7!
When you, your family member, or a loved one suffers from a sudden injury or illness, you want the lifesaving resources of a 24/7 emergency room emergency care department, staffed by board certified emergency medicine doctors and trauma-trained support staff.
For adults and children who become critically injured or ill, Mercyhealth is the leader in trauma and emergency care throughout northwest Illinois, eastern Iowa, and southern Wisconsin.
At Mercyhealth’s emergency departments, you always have fast, convenient access to high-definition digital X-ray imaging, a state-of-the-art computed tomography (CT) scanner, and ultrasound, plus laboratory services.
Emergency medical conditions include:
- Broken bones, open fractures
- Change in mental health status or behavior
- Chest or abdominal pain
- Difficulty seeing
- Head injury, convulsion
- Large hives with shortness of breath
- Painful urination with fever or back pain
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe bleeding, multiple injuries
- Severe or large burn/sunburn
- Severe pain of any kind
- Severe shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Sudden dizziness
- Vomiting blood
For a suspected heart attack or stroke, call 911 immediately!