Mercyhealth’s dermatologists and dermatology physician assistants diagnose and treat many acute and chronic conditions of the skin, hair and nails. Treatments can include topical or oral medicines, laser therapy, cryosurgery (using extremely cold temperatures to remove unhealthy tissue) and Mohs surgery.
Many treatments are available for:
- Acne, which can be mild (few, occasional pimples), moderate (inflammatory papules), or severe (nodules and cysts). Treatment depends on the severity.
- Botox treatment for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Eczema, which is itchy, red, and dry skin caused by inflammation. This condition is often seen in children.
- Fungus, which can appear in many places on the body.
- Hair loss, which can happen to both men and women.
- Mole removal
- Nail problems
- Pediatric dermatology
- Psoriasis is thick, white, red, or silvery patches of skin caused by an immune system problem.
- Rashes, which are places on the skin irritated by something in the person’s environment or system.
- Rosacea, causes redness on your nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead. Some people get little bumps and pimples and soreness in their eyes.
- Skin allergy
- Skin cancer screenings
- Skin ulcers