Why a brow lift?
Are you bothered by the visible signs of aging on your upper face? A brow lift might be right to you. This surgical procedure improves those signs. It:
- Minimizes creases on the forehead or bridge of the nose
- Improves frown lines found between the eyebrows
- Repositions a low or sagging brow that hoods the upper eyelid
- Raises the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful look
Some patients decide to combine a brow lift along with other rejuvenation procedures like eyelid surgery, a facelift or skin resurfacing.
Is it right for you?
As with any surgery, you should have realistic expectations, and we will help you understand those at your consultation appointment.
An ideal brow lift candidate:
- Is physically healthy and is a nonsmoker
- Has a positive outlook and realistic goals about improvements
Note that a brow lift does not change your fundamental appearance and cannot stop the aging process. A brow lift can only be performed surgically.
Preparing for your consultation
The success and safety of your brow lift depends very much on your complete candidness during your consultation. During your consultation, we will discuss:
- Why you want surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- Your health status, including any previous surgeries
- Your family health history
- Your risk factors
- Potential complications of surgery
- Other options for facial rejuvenation
Make sure you bring a list of your own questions and concerns. Please feel free to bring a supportive friend to help you listen or take notes. Become well-informed before you make a final decision.
Preparing for surgery
Once you have completed your consultation and decided brow lift surgery is right for you, it’s time to prepare for surgery day. We might ask you to:
- Have lab tests and/or a medical evaluation
- Stop, start or adjust certain medicines and supplements
- Stop smoking
We will also give you instructions on what to do the day before and morning of surgery, and instructions for self-care after surgery.