Our specialty trained acute care surgeons are available 24/7 to rapidly diagnose and treat many types of conditions and ensure prompt care for our patients. Acute care is meant to treat patients who require immediate attention, but generally don’t require long-term care. It keeps patients healthier and gets patients discharged more quickly. We treat a wide variety of problems such as:
- Non-urgent (recurring abdominal pain)
- Urgent (thrombosed hemorrhoids and abscesses)
- Emergent (acute abdominal pain such as appendicitis and diverticulitis)
- Traumatic (accidents of all types)
- Wounds (all phases of acute and chronic wound care)
Mercyhealth’s acute care surgeons and physicians are also available for outpatient consultation and management.