I’d like to recognize Mercyhealth’s more than 1,000 outstanding volunteers during National Healthcare Volunteer Week, April 15-21, for the selfless compassion they provide to our patients. They personify the spirit of community volunteerism through their generous donation of nearly 112,000 hours in 2017 alone to support a wide variety of Mercyhealth programs in Winnebago County and throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.
- Provide a welcoming environment when patients and families walk through our hospital doors and cheerfully escort them to where they need to go.
- Offer comforting words, prayers and companionship to Mercyheath’s hospice, home health and palliative care patients and family members.
- Provide loving arms by cuddling premature and ill newborns in our neonatal intensive care unit.
Use their talents to provide warmth and comfort through handmade quilts, blankets and baby caps for our NICU babies and other items for hospitalized patients.
- Brighten days by delivering flowers and mail to hospitalized patients.
- Put thousands of hours into vital fundraisers like the annual toy drive, our hospital gift shop and thrift shop and Holiday Market.
Thank you, Mercyhealth volunteers. Your acts of kindness and love are not only appreciated by the Mercyhealth family, but also by the over 2.1 million patients we serve each year. Your passion makes lives better every day!
Community members who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others are welcome to share their time and talents. Our new hospital and medical center campus on Riverside Boulevard in Rockford will open in January 2019. We need 200 caring individuals to fill a variety of positions, in addition to the many volunteer positions available at Mercyhealth Hospital–Rockton Avenue. Learn more about volunteering by calling 815-971-6284 or visiting mercyhealthsystem.org/volunteers.
To read the original report, click here.