Mission Statement and Program Goals
Mercyhealth’s Javon Bea Hospital School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography program is dedicated to providing quality education for its students in order to promote excellence in the art and science of sonography. Guided by the mission of Mercyhealth, the DMS Program strives to provide academic and clinical experiences that produce competent and compassionate sonographers with a commitment and passion to make lives better by performing quality imaging and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
Upon completion of the Mercyhealth School of Sonography program, a new graduate will be able to accomplish the following:
- “To prepare competent entry-level general sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.”
- The program shall graduate competent, entry level sonographers.
- The program will provide the tools necessary for graduates to critically think and problem solve.
- The program will provide education that promotes professionalism, ethics and communication.
- The program shall address the needs of the community.