Mercyhealth School of Sonography is a CAAHEP accredited, full-time, 15-month program. Applications are accepted year-round, with a cohort start every January.
Mercyhealth is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care and medical education for imaging sciences and physicians.
Each year, people throughout the Rockford region choose Mercyhealth because of the commitment to the community and passion for making lives better.
The Mercyhealth Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program offers:
- Small class size (six students)
- 15-month certificate curriculum accredited in General Sonography
- 12 unique rotations of integrated didactic and clinical courses
- Introductory coursework for vascular, breast, and MSK sonography
- Exposure to other sonographic specialties (echocardiography, vascular, neurology, pediatrics, maternal-fetal medicine, special procedures, and mammography)
- Interaction with Medical Staff in the clinical and classroom settings
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates are provided the documentation necessary to apply for certification exams with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), specifically Sonographic Principles and Instrumentation, Abdomen, and Obstetrics/Gynecology.
The Mercyhealth program reserves the right to revise its curriculum, policies, fees or schedules in response to changing conditions.