Thank you for your interest in applying to Mercyhealth Family Medicine Residency Program-Rockford! Our program is a participant in the NRMP Match and receives all applications through ERAS. We accept 12 categorical residents per year. We welcome applications from graduates or soon-to-be graduates of medical schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), or of an international medical school listed by the World Health Organization in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WFME, FAIMER). The application deadline for all candidates is November 30 of each academic year.
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented some flexibility into our application criteria requirements for this recruitment cycle. We understand you may not have certain USMLE test scores or other required components of the application at this time, but we still encourage you to submit your application for review.
For recruitment 2020-2021 we are moving to a virtual interview platform.
- We prefer candidates within five years of graduation from medical school
- We prefer candidates passed on first attempt on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS
- We prefer candidates with USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2 CK scores over 220
- Current work authorization is preferred, but we can sponsor J1 and H1 visas
- We prefer candidates passed COMLEX level 1 and 2 on first attempt with scores above 420. USMLE Step 3 is not required but preferred prior to residency
- To be considered for program ranking, submit your ERAS USMLE/COMLEX transcript with Step 2 or Level 2 as soon as scores become available
A complete application includes:
- Personal Statement
- Dean’s or MSPE Letter released directly by the school to the program
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Official USMLE or COMLEX Transcript with Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS
For more information about the application process, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.