Who We Are
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities.
Every day, our partners take our brand expression—A passion for making lives better—to heart. Our providers, nurses and partners are committed to working together to make lives better for our patients and their families. Touching lives invigorates, inspires and drives us to do our very best, and we continuously look for ways to make every life better.
As an integrated health care provider, we provide exceptional, coordinated health care that spans four core service divisions: hospital-based services, clinic-based services, post-acute care and retail services, and a wholly owned insurance company. These four core service divisions make up our comprehensive, vertically integrated delivery system, and integrated delivery is what makes Mercyhealth unique in serving the full range of health care needs for our patients.
Mercyhealth offers over 125 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more. When time is of the essence, our trauma centers are equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff to provide immediate, life-saving care.
We are a leader in obstetric, neonatal and pediatric services. Our new state-of-the-art Javon Bea Hospital–Riverside, which opened in January 2019, is home to the Regional Perinatal Center and northern Illinois’ only state-designated Children’s Hospital in northern Illinois offering the highest level of neonatal services in the region. Our neonatal doctors provide specialized care in our 52-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit, and our highest level Small Baby Unit, one of the first in Illinois, caring for babies born less than 30 weeks’ gestation.
Our hospitals include
- Javon Bea Hospital–Riverside, Rockford, IL
- Javon Bea Hospital–Rockton, Rockford, IL
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center, Janesville, WI
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center–Harvard, Harvard, IL
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center–Walworth, Lake Geneva, WI
- Van Matre Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital
- Crystal Lake, IL hospital (coming soon)
Mission, Vision and Values
Exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
Every day, our partners take this mission to heart. Our providers, nurses and partners are committed to working together to make lives better for our patients and their families. Touching lives invigorates, inspires and drives us to do our very best, and we continuously look for ways to make each life better with the utmost care and professionalism. This can be as complex as a cutting-edge procedure or as simple as a smile. Nothing is ever too small or taken for granted. Everything matters. And we never miss a beat.
Quality – Excellence in patient care
- Demonstrate excellence in patient care using evidence-based medicine, best practices and industry benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement.
- Promote a culture of patient safety.
- Foster an effective Corporate Compliance program.
- Provide information systems and technology to optimize system processes to support excellence in health care.
Service – Exceptional patient and customer service
- Provide exceptional patient service using customer satisfaction best practices and benchmarks to ensure patient-focused care.
- Continually improve integrated programs and services based on patient need.
- Provide educational programs and health initiatives to improve community health.
- Strive to improve community good with special concern for those most in need.
Partnering – Best place to work
- Cultivate high partner engagement and satisfaction by being a best place to work.
- Attract and retain a highly skilled, talented and diverse workforce.
- Encourage a safe and healthy workforce through wellness initiatives and by providing an environment of workplace safety.
- Embrace a culture of lifelong learning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Continue growth initiatives and integration strategies.
Cost – Cost-effective care
- Emphasize cost containment through efficient operations.
- Promote accountable care strategies to meet the changing needs of patients and purchasers of health care services.
- Enhance access to capital and achieve long-term success.
- Healing in the broadest sense
- Patients come first
- Treat each other like family
- Always seek excellence