ROCKFORD, Illinois—Mercyhealth is pleased to welcome Carl L. Christie, DO, to the Mercyhealth Women’s Center–Rockford, located at 7180 Spring Brook Rd., Rockford. He is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Gynecologic Oncology and specializes in Gynecologic Oncology cancer care.
His areas of special interest include:
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures in cancer treatment
- da Vinci® robotic-assisted cancer surgery
- Osteopathic principles and practices
- Fertility presentation in gynecologic cancer
- Treatment in precancerous gynecologic conditions
- Sexual function following gynecologic and gynecologic oncology surgery
“My philosophy of patient care is to treat each patient as if they were a family member,” says Christie. “With this being my focus, it becomes easy to make sure they are offered the advantages of having their cancer care at Mercyhealth.”
He earned his medical degree at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of the New York Institute of Technology. His OB/GYN residencies are from Weill Medical College of Cornell University at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center New York, and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed Gynecology Oncology fellowships at Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, and MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper University, Vorhees Township, NJ.
For more information about Dr. Christie, call (815) 971-2299 or visit MercyHealthSystem.org.