JANESVILLE, Wisconsin—Mercyhealth is pleased to welcome Mark Mounajjed, MD, to the Infectious Disease Medicine staff at Mercyhealth West and Mercyhealth Travel Clinic, 1000 Mineral Point Ave., Janesville.
His special interests include:
- Comprehensive HIV care and HIV prevention through pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Treatment of a broad range of infectious diseases, including endocarditis, joint and bone infections and infections related to substance abuse
- Tropical and travel medicine
- Hepatitis C and B treatment
- Infections of immunocompromised patients due to chemotherapy and other medical conditions
Dr. Mounajjed earned his medical degree at the Damascus University School of Medicine, Syria, and served his Internal Medicine residency at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital Medical Center, New York. Dr. Mounajjed completed his Infectious Disease fellowship at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, where he also served as a University of Wisconsin Infectious Disease Fellowship academic fellow. Dr. Mounajjed is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Mounajjed welcomes new patients by physician referral. To make an appointment, call (608) 756-6838.