CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois—Mercyhealth is pleased to welcome Shannon Vokac, AuD, FAAA, to the Audiology staff at Mercyhealth Barrington, 500 W. Hwy. 22 in Barrington, and Mercyhealth Crystal Lake East, 390 Congress Pkwy., Ste. M. in Crystal Lake.
Her special interests include:
- Diagnostic hearing and balance testing for all ages
- Cochlear implant candidacy evaluations and follow-up mapping for adult and pediatric patients
- Hearing aid fitting using electroacoustic analysis
- Follow-up hearing aid checks/repairs for adult and pediatric patients
- Electrophysiology testing
“I am dedicated to addressing my patient’s hearing and balance needs to provide the best audiologic care possible. I strive to connect with each of my patients by putting their individual needs first, and educating them about their hearing loss or balance disorder. In combination with evidence-based practice, the appropriate treatment plan can be determined with the goal to increase my patient’s communication abilities with family, friends, and loved ones,” says Dr. Vokac.
Dr. Vokac earned her Doctor of Audiology degree at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology (FAAA).
Dr. Vokac is accepting new patients. For more information or to make an appointment, call Mercyhealth Barrington or Mercyhealth Crystal Lake East at (815) 356-2061.