ROCKFORD, Illinois—Mercyhealth is hosting the 5th Annual Northern Illinois Perinatal, Neonatal and Pediatric Conference from Monday, April 8 to Tuesday, April 9 at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford. Registration for one day is $85 with both days costing $150.
This maternal child conference is suited for the continuing education of Perinatal nurses, Pediatric nurses, Neonatal Intensive Care Nurses and social workers.
This year’s keynote speakers are as follows:
- Mark Yarbrough,“Suffer from Burnout? Give ‘em the F.I.N.G.E.R!”
- Jimmie Getter, “Human Trafficking,” Rockford Sexual Assault Counseling
- Tamela Milan, “A Mother’s Story: Her Journey to Becoming a Community Advocate”
- Pat Halverson, “Self-Care: Why it Matters”
- Lisa Stravinskas “Nursing Today: Navigating Through the Social Media Storm”
- Topics Covered will include:
- Perinatal: New Labor Induction Ideas; Obesity’s Impact on Mom and Fetus; Cesarean Birth Complications
- Neonatal: Meconium Aspiration; Antibiotic Stewardship; Feeding Intolerance; Evacuation; Post-Delivery Stabilization
- Pediatric: Influenza Vaccine; Arrhythmias; Type 1 Diabetes; Human Trafficking; Palliative Care
- And more!
Nurses: Mercyhealth is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the America Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commision on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) 219-2021.
To register, please visit MercyHealthSystem.Org/MaternalChildConference.