ROCKFORD, Illinois– Mercyhealth Development Foundation has joined #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Occurring this year on November 27, #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday to kick off the holiday giving season and inspire people to give their time, expertise, monetary donations or simple acts of kindness.
Mercyhealth Development Foundation encourages local residents to take part in #GivingTuesday by volunteering or making a donation. Donations may be used for:
- House of Mercy Homeless Center, a 25-bed facility that provides homeless families with short-term, emergency shelter and access to community services.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, helping critically ill newborns.
- Mercyhealth Cancer Center services, providing comfort needs to patients.
- Autism services, providing additional therapy equipment not covered by insurance.
- Mercyhealth at Home, providing additional services for those facing end of life needs.
- Mercyhealth’s Javon Bea Hospital and Physician Clinic–Riverside rooftop garden, providing a calming green space for hospitalized children and families can play and relax and escape the stress of illness.
“One of the best ways to get involved is right here in our community, “says Jennifer Johns, director of Mercyhealth Development Foundation. “Charitable contributions play an integral role in making good things happen for those we serve.”
Charitable gifts made to the Foundation are tax-deductible. To make a gift, visit MercyHealthSystem.org/Foundation and click on the Giving Tuesday logo or contact the Mercyhealth Development Foundation at (815) 971-4141 or (608) 755-8821.