Illinois/Wisconsin – Mercyhealth is easing visitor guidelines as its hospitals have resumed elective and non-urgent cases and services at its facilities. Mercyhealth remains committed to supporting family presence and participation of those who are essential to the care of the patient while continuing to minimize avoidable exposure to COVID-19 whenever possible.
- Adult patients: one designated visitor per day, upon approval
- Pediatric patients (inpatient): two designated visitors upon approval
- Women in labor: one designated visitor, upon approval
- Adult patients undergoing surgery/procedure: one designated visitor, upon approval
- Emergency Room: one designated visitor, upon approval
- Exceptions may be made during special circumstances, including end of life.
Mercyhealth returns to its visiting hour schedule, now 7am to 7 pm, 7 days per week. All visitors must:
- Screen negative for fever and be asymptomatic of flu-like and other respiratory-related symptoms
- Wear a mask and practice social distancing
Visitor restrictions (zero-visitor policy) remain in place for any patient who is being treated for COVID-19 or under investigation for COVID. Modifications will be made in collaboration with the clinical team for special circumstances.
As circumstances change, Mercyhealth will continue to modify guidelines. To help protect the health and safety of our patients, visitors, and care providers, it is important that everyone follow hospital rules and regulations and comply with specific requests from the care team and staff.