- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT): American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Diplomate: American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM)
Medical School:University of Cape Town Medical School, Cape Town, South Africa
Residency:North Shore University Hospital/Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York
Additional areas of special interest include:
- Medical varicose veins
- Vein disease
- Minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins
- Leg edema
- Leg ulcers
- Compression therapy
- FDA-approved VenaSeal Closure System to treat patients with chronic venous insufficiency
As a vein specialist, Dr. Brito is a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) and a Diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM). She has specialty training in the diagnosis and treatment of medical vein disease. She uses ultrasound to diagnose underling chronic venous insufficiency and is able to treat patients with minimally invasive options, including laser and radiofrequency ablations, ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy, phlebectomy, and cosmetic and therapeutic sclerotherapy.
Dr. Brito is one of the first physicians to achieve Diplomate status in Venous and Lymphatic Medicine, the study of vein disease, in the United States. As a vascular technologist, she has comprehensive knowledge of the diagnostic technologies required for proper treatment, making Mercyhealth Vein Clinic one of the most advanced and well-equipped treatment facilities available. Procedures are done at Mercyhealth Perryville.