Thank you for allowing Mercyhealth to be part of your educational journey.
Mercyhealth welcomes Nurse Practitioner (NP) students for their clinical practicum. Mercyhealth receives a high volume of requests for NP clinical placement each academic semester. Due to the high volume of requests, clinical placement decisions are based upon multiple criteria. Please note that NP student requests are accepted only through online application (please scroll to the bottom of this page).
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with 5 hospitals and 80 facilities throughout 30 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health-care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
Mercyhealth offers over 85 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more.
Application and requirements
Consideration for NP student clinical placement is by online application only. Please do not contact a Mercyhealth practice, physician, or practitioner for clinical placement. Completion of the online application does not guarantee clinical placement for any student.
- Mercyhealth affiliated School of Nursing
- Prior to submitting an application, we recommend the applicant verifies that his/her school of nursing has a current Mercyhealth affiliate agreement. Do so by reaching out to the contact within the school of nursing who assists in arranging clinical placement.
- Valid licensure as Registered Nurse (RN) as defined by the State of Wisconsin Board of Nursing (for Wisconsin applicants) or the Illinois Board of Nursing (for Illinois applicants)
- Professional liability insurance obtained personally or through School of Nursing
- Once accepted for clinical placement, the student process includes a background check, proof of immunizations