Northwest Illinois Perinatal Network
Level II Hospitals
- In addition to providing care for healthy pregnant women and newborns, Level II hospitals have the resources to care for obstetric patients with some complications that arise after 32 weeks gestation.
- Provides services for infants greater than or equal to 32 weeks gestation, whose birth weight is greater than or equal to 1500 grams (3 pounds, 5 ounces) and who have mild health issues that may include mild to moderate breathing problems, suspected infection, and low blood sugar.
- Hospitals with a Level II with extended neonatal capabilities may care for neonates with a birth weight > 1250 grams and/or 30 or more weeks gestation and infants on assisted ventilation.
Source: Guidelines for Perinatal Care, fifth edition; Illinois Department of Public Health Administration Code 640.42
Level II Hospitals
- CGH Medical Center, Sterling
- FHN Memorial Hospital, Freeport
- KSB Hospital, Dixon
- Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital, Huntley
- Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital, DeKalb
- Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital, Sandwich
- OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, Rockford
Level II with Extended Capabilities Hospitals
Level III Hospitals
- Provide comprehensive perinatal services for both admitted and transferred women and neonates of all risk categories, including basic and specialty, and sub-specialty care services.
Source: Guidelines for Perinatal Care, fifth edition; Illinois Department of Public Health Administration Code 640.43
Level III and Perinatal Center*
Level 0 Hospitals
- Provide emergency perinatal services through the emergency department
- Do not have maternity/delivery services available
Source: Illinois Department of Public Health Administration Code 640.40
- Javon Bea Hospital—Rockton, Rockford
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center—Harvard, Harvard
- Midwest Medical Center, Galena
- Morrison Community Hospital, Morrison
- AMITA Health St. Joseph Hospital, Elgin
- Rochelle Community Hospital, Rochelle
- SwedishAmerican Medical Center, Belvidere
- Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital, Woodstock