Nothing is more important to us than your health, and we are doing everything we can to keep our patients, staff and communities safe. The onset of COVID-19 caused us (and virtually all health care systems) to temporarily postpone many surgeries, procedures and clinic appointments during the past several weeks, as we prepared for a surge in COVID-19 cases.
These postponements were always considered temporary, and we are pleased to announce that conditions now allow in-person patient visits to resume. At this time, you can schedule an appointment to meet with your physician at the clinic, or if you prefer, you can still consult with your doctor through telemedicine. We are also scheduling some of the surgeries, procedures and appointments that were deferred. We are proceeding in a gradual manner with careful thought and preparation so that these services can be performed safely, using appropriate protocols and precautions.
There are many reasons why this decision is the right one at this time, including:
- Postponements cannot continue indefinitely for most patients. They need care to avoid complications and improve their quality of life.
- After weeks of caring for COVID-19 positive patients under our new protocols, we have shown our ability to isolate and treat positive patients without putting others at risk.
- Our improved COVID-19 testing capabilities and pre-procedure screening process further improves safety for patients and staff.
- Your efforts to observe social distancing and hand washing are making a big difference.
We understand patients and families may have questions about coming into a medical facility at this time. We want to remind you that we have taken extra precautions to make hospital and/or clinic visits safe. To help, we put together a frequently asked questions and answer website for you and your loved ones to as you begin to reschedule important procedures and appointments at a Mercyhealth medical facility.
We want you to know that the health and safety of our patients is our top priority. We have implemented extra safety precautions, including:
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of waiting rooms, exam rooms and nurse stations
- Practicing social distancing:
- Spaced out chairs in waiting rooms
- Flooring cues at most of our locations
- All partners, patients, visitors and vendors are required to wear a mask (you are welcome to bring your own face mask)
- Monitoring of temperatures of all patients when they enter
- Visitor restrictions have been implemented in all facilities
We want to assure you we are doing everything in our power to protect the health of every patient, and the communities we serve.
Stay safe and stay well,