Mercyhealth has invested $50 million dollars in the Mercyhealth Rockton Campus in the last several years, instead of taking ten years. This represents our steadfast commitment to the campus, as we continue to provide exceptional health care services. A multimillion dollar investment was our promise in 2015, and we have fulfilled that promise.
This $50 million investment also includes a modernized look in the hospital, a newly renovated physician clinic, a new surgical prep and recovery area, as well as the water remediation work. The Mercyhealth Rockton Campus has grown by leaps and bounds.
Our Rockton Campus has an outpatient hospital and physician clinic with over 60 physicians and 20+ specialties.
- Cancer Services
- Outpatient chemotherapy infusion treatment
- New Linear Accelerator
- Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- 24/7 Emergency Care
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Outpatient EEG
- Outpatient EMG
- Pain Center
- Pharmacy (Inpatient)
- Physical Therapy
- Sub-acute Inpatient Services
- Surgery Services
- Full operating rooms
- Wound Center
Here are just a few more highlights of the services that have been enhanced and added to the campus:
Our new 22-room facility includes new x-ray technology, two cast rooms, and a new waiting area and furnishings. With this new investment, Mercyhealth welcomed several new adult orthopedic surgeons and one pediatric surgeon to provide orthopedic care for all ages. The orthopedic physicians each specialize in a variety of treatments and surgeries, including sports medicine, joint replacement, hand surgery and trauma surgery.
• Chemotherapy Infusion Center: The expansion to the Cancer Center at Rockton Avenue added 10 rooms and additional space for family members, created a more patient-friendly and convenient entrance, and decreased wait times.
• Linear Accelerator: An Elekta Versa HD linear accelerator is capable of delivering three-dimensional external beam radiation therapy treatments. Each patient’s radiation treatments are individualized based on numerous factors, including the cancer type, stage of the disease, and the site to be irradiated. Services include: intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), and image guided radiation therapy (IGRT).
Diagnostic Robotic Laboratory
Our state-of-the-art robotic laboratory equipment eases the burden on patients and produces faster results. Mercyhealth is the first Rockford hospital to use this type of equipment.
Sub-acute Inpatient Services (link coming soon)
An additional 17-bed sub-acute care unit offers care for patients who no longer require hospitalization, but are not medically ready to be discharged to a skilled nursing facility or their own home. The Illinois Health Facilities and Services Review Board unanimously approved Mercyhealth’s Certificate of Need application for the unit.
EMS Training Center
Our 16,500-square-foot training facility offers paramedic and emergency medical technician (EMT) certification and ongoing training, as well as American Heart Association-approved CPR classes, first aid classes, casualty care training, and other training for health care professionals.
Endoscopy (link coming soon)
Six operating rooms were converted into four GI/endoscopy suites, a bronchoscopy lab and an Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) room. ERCP is a procedure that combines upper GI/endoscopy and X-rays to treat problems of the bile and pancreatic ducts. Additionally, a new lobby and reception area were added and includes two handicapped accessible restrooms.