Opening January 2023
On June 16, 2021, Mercyhealth hosted a ceremonial groundbreaking for its large multi-specialty clinic and hospital and in Crystal Lake. The $105 million facility will be home to a hospital with private inpatient and intensive care suites, surgery suites, emergency care and diagnostic services, as well primary and specialty care physician offices.
“This project has been a long, 25-year journey as we persisted in our efforts to bring emergency care and hospital services to the Crystal Lake community for the first time ever,” said Javon R. Bea, President/CEO of Mercyhealth. “We have been privileged to provide high-quality physician and outpatient care to area residents for many years, and we are excited to take our services to the next level with this new multi-specialty clinic and hospital. Most importantly, we are excited to give Crystal Lake residents access to emergency services, which have been severely lacking in Crystal Lake for decades.”
The Crystal Lake emergency department will be staffed 24/7 with board certified emergency physicians, and will be capable of treating and stabilizing the full range of conditions from chest pain and heart issues to head injuries, as well as more common emergencies such as broken bones, abdominal pain, lacerations and trouble breathing, to name a few.
The project will include:
- Private inpatient suites
- Intensive care suites
- Surgery suites
- Diagnostic services including laboratory, radiology and sleep studies
- 24/7 emergency care
- Immediate access to life-saving emergency care for Crystal Lake residents
- Board certified emergency medicine physicians and other providers
- Ability to treat and stabilize a full range of conditions
Provides patients with an integrated, coordinated and convenient health care experience.
- Family medicine
- Orthopedics and sports medicine
- General surgery
- Physical therapy
- Lab and X-ray services
- Infusion therapy
- Cancer care
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Pain services
- We anticipate this project will create more than 350 new jobs during construction.
- For every health care job created, another .9 jobs are created in the community. Using this metric, in addition to construction jobs and the new jobs Mercyhealth creates, an additional 134 new permanent jobs will be created through this project.
September 23, 2021
July 6, 2021
Groundbreaking Ceremony, June 16, 2021