Mercyhealth Birthing Center-Rockford is located inside Javon Bea Hospital-Riverside. Our entire staff, from doctors, nurse midwives and maternity nurses, to dietary and housekeeping staff, is committed to offering you and your baby exceptional care in a supportive, secure and comfortable environment.
We look forward to sharing one of life’s most joyous occasions with you. If you have any questions about our services or classes, or need a referral to a physician, please call Mercy HealthLine at (888) 39-MERCY.
- Private, large, home-like labor and delivery suites and recovery rooms
- State-of-the-art technology
- Private spa-like bathrooms
- Infant security system
- Large flat screen TV
- DVD player
- Rocking chair
- Sofa sleeper beds
- C-section surgical suites for planned and unplanned Cesarean sections
- Fully equipped nurseries for babies who require extra medical care
- Family lounge with plentiful seating, TV and vending machines
- On-site Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Certified as a Baby-Friendly(TM) hospital
- Practice rooming-in, which allows mothers and infants to be cared for together by the nurse in the mother’s room
- Encourage skin-to-skin contact by placing stable newborns on their mother’s chest after birth
- Provide ongoing support for breastfeeding babies and their mothers at our outpatient lactation clinic
- We offer new moms and expecting parents childbirth and parenting education classes and breastfeeding consultations with International Board Certified Lactation Consultants by appointment. For more information, call 815-971-5020.
- Javon Bea Hospital-Riverside is a milk depot.