Do I need rehabilitation therapy?
We provide specific rehabilitation therapy treatment plans for patients who have or are recovering from a variety of illnesses or injuries. Our inpatient rehabilitation centers offer the latest in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy methods and equipment. We treat patients who have had their lives affected by:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputations (recent)
- Multiple traumatic injuries
- Femur fracture
- Several neuromuscular (e.g., Guillain-Barre or AIDP) or neurological (e.g., multiple sclerosis) disorders
For potential patients
To receive inpatient rehabilitation services, you must have a referral from your doctor. Also, you must:
- Be medically stable and free from monitoring and life-support systems.
- Require 24-hour rehabilitative nursing.
- Have deficits in mobility, safety, self-care, communication, and/or thinking skills.
- Be able and motivated to participate in an intensive rehabilitation program with therapy of at least 3 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Have the potential to return to a community setting.
Your doctor or a rehabilitation doctor will decide if you meet treatment requirements.
Meet a former patient