Your audiologist will help you select the best hearing aid for your specific needs from manufacturers providing quality products and services. Your audiologist will also show you how to use and care for your hearing aid(s) during the fitting appointment.
It is in your best interest and recommended by the Food and Drug Administration that you consult a doctor before buying a hearing aid.
Hearing aids styles
Mercyhealth offers variety and flexibility when choosing an easy-to-use hearing aid that’s right for you and is best for improving your type of hearing loss.
The four basic styles of hearing aids are:
- Completely in the canal (CIC)
- In the canal (ITC)
- In the ear (ITE)
- Behind the ear (BTE)
- Customized programs for specific listening environments
- Optimal hearing for those in multiple listening situations
- The ability to amplify soft sounds, such as speech, while suppressing loud sounds to a more comfortable level
- Reprogrammable for changes in hearing
- Available with directional microphones
30-day trial period
Your trial begins the day of your fitting. If you are not completely satisfied, the hearing aid(s) can be returned within the 30-day trial period. Ask your audiologist about our refund policy.
A recheck appointment is scheduled during the 30-day period in case modifications are needed and to address your questions or concerns. Additional appointments for servicing and adjustments can be scheduled as needed, at no cost to the patient.
- Extended product warranties
- Hearing aid rehabilitation and counseling
- Hearing aid performance analysis
- Hearing aid checks and repairs
- Batteries for all hearing aids