Mercyhealth is a regional health system with over 750 employed physician partners, seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
As an integrated health care provider, we provide exceptional, coordinated health care that spans four core service divisions: hospital-based services, clinic-based services, post-acute care and retail services, and a wholly owned insurance company. These four core service divisions make up our comprehensive, vertically integrated delivery system, and integrated delivery is what makes Mercyhealth unique in serving the full range of health care needs for our patients.
Mercyhealth offers over 125 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more. When time is of the essence, our trauma centers are equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff to provide immediate, life-saving care. We are a leader in obstetric, neonatal and pediatric services, offering the highest level of care available at our neonatal intensive care unit, caring for the most fragile preemies in the region’s only Small Baby Unit, serving as a State of Illinois-designated Perinatal Center for an 11-county region. Mercyhealth is also the only state-designated Children’s Hospital in the northern Illinois region, and is one of only five Pediatric Critical Care Centers in Illinois.
Our hospitals include:
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center, Janesville, WI
- Mercyhealth Hospital-Rockton Avenue, Rockford, IL
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center-Harvard, Harvard, WI
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center-Walworth, Lake Geneva, WI
- Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Opening in January 2019: A new hospital and medical center campus on Riverside Boulevard in Rockford, IL (learn more below)
- Mercyhealth Hospital and Clinic-Crystal Lake, Crystal Lake, IL (learn more below)
To further enhance our pediatric services, Mercyhealth formed a comprehensive partnership with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago to bring super subspecialty pediatric care—for both inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic services—to Rockford.
Mercyhealth strive to provide health care close to home for residents throughout our service area. We have four dozen community clinics located throughout seven northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin counties. To find a clinic near you, click here.
Post-acute care and retail services:
Mercyhealth offers a variety of post-acute care and retail services, including home health, hospice and medical equipment and supplies. Learn more here.
MercyCare Health Plans offers a variety of plans for everyone. MercyCare has been providing dependable, affordable health care coverage since 1994. Learn more here.
Every day, our 8,000+ employee partners and 750+ employed physician partners take our brand expression—A passion for making lives better—to heart. Our providers, nurses and partners are committed to working together to make lives better for our patients and their families. Touching lives invigorates, inspires and drives us to do our very best, and we continuously look for ways to make every life better.
It’s this passion that drives us to grow for the health and well-being of the region. Mercyhealth is currently building a new adult and children’s hospital and medical center campus on I-90 at Riverside Boulevard in Rockford, Illinois. It was the first project in history to receive Certificate of Need approval for one hospital license to be divided between two different locations. The largest construction project in Rockford’s history, this beautiful and spacious campus will feature:
- 188 private inpatient room beds
- A state-of-the art women’s and children’s hospital
- State-designated regional perinatal center
- The highest level neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Pediatric and pediatric intensive care (PICU) units
- High-risk maternity care
- Level I (highest level) trauma center; Level II pediatric trauma center
- An adult sub-specialty hospital, including plastic and reconstructive surgery, brain and spine care, endocrinology, orthopedics, pulmonology and heart services, and more
- Technologically advanced operating suites and surgical services to support a full range of inpatient and outpatient surgery, including minimally invasive surgery, image-guided surgery and robotic surgery
- Comprehensive diagnostic center with lab and imaging
- Multi-disciplinary physician care clinics serving adult and pediatric patients
- Comprehensive cardiac, peripheral and neurovascular interventional laboratory
This beautiful new facility will open in January 2019. For more information on this hospital and medical center campus, visit “The best hospital care, no matter where you live.”